The RPSB Chamber is also known as the "Welcoming Arm" for our business community. Our welcome team consists of our executive board and committee volunteers selected from the business community. Our team conducts complimentary groundbreakings or ribbon cutting ceremonies for any Chamber business grand opening, expansion, moving to a new location or joining the Chamber. The service includes a group of Ambassadors coming to your place of business or event, providing the ribbon, the use of the official large scissors and taking photographs at the event. Certificates and Proclamations from local officials are presented at the ceremony as well.
There is no charge for the Chamber ribbon cutting; it is a value added benefit of being a Chamber member. Our Ambassadors generally anticipate spending approximately 15-30 minutes at your event, so we suggest having take-away pieces about your company. The ribbon cutting you schedule is YOUR event and there are no set rules on what to do.
• Schedule your event at least two weeks in advance. Ribbon cuttings can be scheduled Monday-Friday from 7AM-6PM.
• Determine who will cut the ribbon. The owners, top managers or executives most frequently do the honors, but each business is different and can pick whomever they like.
• Determine who will be in the photo. Some business will take multiple photos at the event to include staff, guests, Ambassadors, etc.
• Plan out your remarks or a speech. This is usually done when everyone is gathered before the ribbon cutting. This is a great time to give a short "commercial" and share what it is you do and what sets you apart. The Chamber Ambassadors love hearing from businesses and they that share information with fellow Chamber members.
• Invite everyone you know! Invite clients, prospects, friends, family, business neighbors, associates, government officials, etc.
• Food and beverage is not required, but for open house events it can make a nice touch.
Note: Please call the Chamber office (631-729-0699) the next business day after submission of this form to confirm receipt and to follow-up for missing information needed for the ribbon cutting. Once your request is received, you'll receive an acknowledgment of the confirmation of the date and time of your ribbon cutting from Chamber staff in 3 to 4 business days.
All ribbon cutting requests will be reviewed and approved by the Chamber's Corresponding Secretary. Ribbon cuttings requests will be granted between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm. The RPSB Chamber will not host ribbon cuttings on Saturday or Sunday.
All ribbon cutting requests will be reviewed and approved by the Chamber Corresponding Secretary. The Chamber will noitfy you once the date is confirmed.